Quality Assurance / Web Developer
Competent Quality Assurance Analyst with seven years of QA software testing experience and web development. Solid technical, analytical and problem solving skills. Collaborates closely with developers and designers. Delivers thorough QA testing reports that determine product quality and release readiness. Write step by step test plans for whole system to ensure system functions as expected.
- Document software defects using bug tracking system and report defects involving program functionality, output, online screen and content to software developers
- QA tester developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes fueling, swift corrective actions
- Agile methodologies and monitoring tools; and cross-platform skills in Windows, Linux and Unix
- Handle and resolve critical quality problems using research abilities.
- Assess QA performance – Retrieve and analyze QA information to identify root causes of performance gaps and other QA problems
- Review and modify quality assurance programs
- Test Strategies and Coverages; Test Plans, Cases, Processes and Documentation
- Regression and Negative Testing , UI and Compatibility Testing, Defect/Bug Tracking
Quality Assurance Analyst 2008 – Present
Ayogo Health, Vancouver, B.C.
- Lead company testing and providing customer support for social games and applications on Facebook, iOS and Android devices
- Oversee quality-assurance testing for software and systems development projects
- Identifying software bugs/flaws and their causes; recommended fixes
- Mentor new intern on software testing
Web Engineer 2014 – 2015
The Redezignist, Coquitlam, B.C.
- Developed several websites running WordPress
- Performed manual testing and created bug reports for internal projects
Quality Assurance Technician 2007 – 2008
Kinzin, Vancouver, B.C.
- Worked under the QA lead, testing kinzin.com and Kinzin’s Facebook apps “Are You Normal?” and “These Are My Kids”.
Photo Restoration 2005 – 2007
Various Clients, Vancouver, B.C.
- Digitally restored old photos, using Paint Shop Pro X.
- Removed cracks and scratches, color correction, replaced missing sections.
Computer Trouble Shooting and Repair 2003 – 2006
Various Clients, Vancouver, B.C.
- Home based business, fixing hardware and software issues.
Executive Committee President 2011 – Present
Greater Vancouver Chapter of Muscular Dystrophy Canada, Vancouver, B.C.
- Chaired monthly chapter meetings.
- Helped organize and run events for fundraising and raising awareness for neuromuscular disorders.
- Gave presentations, using slideshows interactive games to teach children and teachers about Muscular Dystrophy and living with a disability.
Chief Advocacy Officer 2011 – Present
Komodo OpenLab, Toronto Ont.
- Encouraged software developers and technology companies to make their products more accessible for people with mobility impairments.
Computer Tutor (Volunteer) 1996 – 1997
False Creek Residence, Vancouver, B.C.
- Taught physically disabled individuals word processing, email, general computer skills.
Computer Skills Instructor (Volunteer) 1996 – 1997
Neil Squire Society, Vancouver, B.C.
- Taught physically disabled and elderly individuals general computer skills and helping them become more comfortable with computers.
Applied Web Development Certificate BCIT, Vancouver, BC 2010 – 2014
Information Technology Specialist Certificate Vancouver Community College, Vancouver, BC 2007
Webpage Design Certificate Vancouver Community College, Vancouver, BC 2006
General Arts Langara College, Vancouver, BC 2001 – 2004
AutoCAD Certificate North Island College, Port Alberni, BC 1993 – 1994